Friday, 2 December 2011

Happy recipient of a Liebster Blog ♥ Award


Last week I was pleased to discover that  http://hobbinol.wordpress.com/ had given me a Liebster Blog ♥ award, so  thank you very much to Hobbinol!!! this is for you:



 Part of the fun of the award is getting to pass it on so, here are my 5 picks:

The Medieval World 
This is written by a good friend of mine (you may have noticed!) so I would like to nominate her first :) She does great posts about crazy cool medieval things (she can also be found lurking on twitter and facebook ) and in general is just a great person so you should check her out!

Beauty of Whatever Kind
I think I discovered this blog one day via twitter and I was really struck by how very pretty it is (it lives up to its name!). The author writes posts on a number of different things including poetry and history and more recently life after a History MA.

Ellimaanpaa Tale
I cant remember how I came across this blog! it is written by an artist and includes lots of posts about the fascinating things she has been creating.

Loyaulte Me Lie
This blog (also on facebook) came to my attention a few months ago (again through twitter I think!) it is pretty new but the author has been working really hard doing lots of great posts. She writes very enjoyable posts on a range of themes which mainly relate to 16th/17thc history, which (obviously) is just the kind of history I like :)

♥ his story, her story 
Another recent (twitter) discovery, this is a great new history blog which focuses (although not exclusively) on medieval and early modern women's history. It also encompasses themes around 19th and 20th century art, literature and culture.




 

         About the award 
Leibster is German & means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’ The award is given to talented bloggers who have 200 followers or less, it is a way to show appreciation for other blogs, bring attention to their work and encourage new connections. 
         The Rules
  • Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  • Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Post the award on your blog.
  • Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere – other bloggers.
  • And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.




~ Hopefully you have enjoyed discovering great some new blogs today :)


Copyright © 2011 Elaine Hunter

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much :D You totally made my day with that one :D

    ReplyDelete